Thank you so much to everyone that had positive words of encouragement. When I started this blog I had no intentions of making it public because I am embarrassed about my situation. The people that I have met after making the blog public and the good feedback you guys offer makes me want to keep going.
FYI I have not giving up or ever intend to, you caught me in one of my “moments”. My wife says I am kind of a drama King. I vent frustrations then regather and return to a normal person pretty quick.
Here is what i am doing right now:
- I have already cut out all liquid calories. No more soda (diet or non) no fruit juices. Strict Water / Crystal Light
- Exercise has been nonexistent. After meeting with the personal trainer I will be going to the gym 3 times a week (Tues, Thurs, Sat) At first she wants me to go for just 10 min. I can do that right?
- Eating habits I am changing:
- Eat at the kitchen table. (we used to eat in front of the T.V.)
- Plate meals and put away any leftovers before we eat (no seconds)
- Small changes in types of food I eat. (brown rice instead of white, ground turkey instead of beef)
I realize there is a lot more I could be doing but right now, this is what I can REALISTICALLY commit to. Understand that while these changes seem minor to some, they are big in my world.