Just a quick list of things I learned on my first day at 1500 calories:
- Light feta is betta than chedda when it comes to cheese
- I was ripping myself off! (When I guessed my meat was 4oz it was 2.5 maybe 3)
- Bread, things have changed. I am just not the same man I used to be. I think we should just be friends. It’s not you, it’s me….okay it is you. True you have been there to comfort me these many years but I just don’t like the person I am when I am with you. Surely you saw this coming didn’t you? I mean it’s not like our relationship was exactly healthy. I still love you but just in a once-in-a-while, whole grain wheat kind of way.
- One can survive hunger! When the growling beast of hunger comes lurking, much like a bear attack, it is best to play dead. Any sudden moves may trigger incalculable damage. Do nothing and often times hunger will just pass by. If you determine movement is necessary, do so calm and collectively only after considering your options.
- A lot of water = a lot of peeing…..a lot.
- Logging calories makes the biggest measurable difference in executing my goals.
- There is no way I could do this if I had not started this blog. Through this blog I feel that I find empathy not just pity & sympathy. Even those who don’t comment, you drive me to do better each day by simply reading, relating and caring. I feel a kinship with this community of bloggers and truly want my “friends” to succeed. I know there is no greater motivation I can give to others who share my struggle than to be an example by beating the odds. I believe miracles happen everyday. It’s no coincidence I decided to start blogging about my weight. It’s no coincidence that when I did, I quickly met guys like Allen & Sean. It’s no coincidence that you are reading my blog. Coincidences are miracles God isn’t getting credit for. But I also know this, God helps those who help themselves. Praying for God to help you lose weight and then scarfing a plate of super nachos makes about as much sense as screen door on a submarine.
P.S. – Jumped on the scale and dropped 5lbs since last weigh-in!